Regardless of whether you’re in a startup or a Fortune 500 corporation, as the control centre of your work, your office space needs to be carefully planned out. That includes the doors. Your office needs to be secure, quiet, comfortable, and inviting. A good office door goes a long way to facilitate this.
Larnec provides high-quality industrial doors for office spaces in warehouses, garages, and other commercial settings. Contact us for industrial door solutions made here in Australia, and delivered quickly to where you need it.
In order to choose the right door for installation, you’ll need to consider these 3 key factors:
- Security: The protection of sensitive documents and valuables inside an office space.
- Acoustics: Improved privacy and a better working environment through noise dampening.
- Invitation: The aesthetic design of your door creates a certain feeling for your employees.
Security factors in office doors
First things first: security. You’ll most likely have plenty of crucial documents and valuables stored within your office. In order to keep everything safe and create peace of mind, be sure to install a door with a lock.
Not all industrial office doors are created equal. You’ll be able to determine whether your door will need a simple key lock or a combination lock depending on the value of your items. However, some sort of security device is crucial.
After choosing a door, you may also want to consider:
- Who will have access to your office (aside from yourself)
- Where you store keys or combinations to gain access to your office
- Other internal security measures, like CCTV and alarms
Acoustics and office doors
Whether you’re the manager or an employee, your doors must be able to manage noise. This means keeping outside noise out, and keeping sensitive conversation contained within the four walls of the office. Providing a safe space, private space for yourself and your employees is imperative in creating a trustworthy environment.
Having a door with proper acoustics will help keep your conversations private within your office, while the same goes for keeping out noise pollution to assist in your productivity.
When choosing an office door for privacy, you should consider:
- The noise-dampening abilities of your chosen product
- If there are any particularly noisy jobs or tasks taking place around you, like drilling, sawing, or manufacturing
- The door's proximity to other employees and workspaces who might overhear conversations
The invitation factor in office doors
Trying to keep your items safe or even maintaining your privacy may make you appear less-than-inclusive. To keep the doors of conversation and trust open, your office door needs to also create a sense of invitation. As a manager or employer, your peers can feel comfortable coming to speak to you.
Choosing the right design and colour for your door is essential. Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing a style of door:
- Red paint or a timber facade can create a sense of warmth
- A wider door is more inviting than one which is too narrow or tall
- Heavier doors create a sense of foreboding, so its best to choose one that is easy to open and close
In the end, choosing the right door comes down to your personal preference, and what will work best for your office. You owe it to yourself and your employees to make the right decision to create a safe and comfortable working environment.
Office doors from Larnec
No matter your business, installing the right door from design inception is the most cost-effective option. Larnec can help you find the perfect door, allowing for lock systems, privacy, and added strength. No matter what happens in the inner workings of your business, you can rest assured that we have a door to suit you.
With a variety of options for your needs, we can help you choose the right door for your workplace — one that can last for years to come. Our office door experts can assess your business, your site, and your workforce, and advise you on exactly what door will fit perfectly in with your office and your needs.